Crystalens™ is a brand new intraocular lens (IOL) that works effortlessly along with muscle tissue within the eye to keep the eye’s capability to “accommodate” — to change focus among nearby and distant things. Using older IOLs, people lose this capability and will need corrective eyewear to see clearly at near as well as intermediate ranges. In contrast to rigid lenses, the flexible silicone Crystalens features modern hinges that enable it to maneuver with the eye’s muscles and accommodate effortlessly, therefore decreasing or getting rid of the necessity for vision correction. The Crystalens is incorporated utilizing the same, almost risk-free cataract surgery methods much like other IOLs.
About the Crystalens IOL
- The first and only FDA-approved accommodating intraocular lens
- The sole FDA-approved intraocular lens that utilizes the natural focusing capability of the eye
- The sole FDA-approved presbyopia correcting IOL for cataract sufferers that delivers a single focal point throughout a constant range of eyesight
Very few individuals with Crystalens experienced difficulties with glare, halos and night time vision. Crystalens concentrates just one image to the back of the eye, in contrast to a multifocal lens which projects numerous images, demanding your brain to “adjust” to the variations.
The strength of Crystalens had been confirmed in numerous studies:
- Considerably more patients implanted using a Crystalens (88.4%) could see much better at all ranges compared to people implanted with a standard IOL (35.9%).
- Most people have continued to document outstanding eyesight 7 years following implantation with Crystalens. Greater than 200,000 Crystalens intraocular lens implants are already implanted worldwide, and this number is increasing daily.
- Crystalens accommodates just like the natural lens. After implantation of Crystalens, most patients will see brighter and clearer throughout a broader range of distances like they did in their youth.
Please contact Margolis Vision today to schedule a consultation to see if you are a good candidate for Crystalens. We serve patients in Lone Tree, Castle Rock, and throughout the Denver metropolitan area.